by John Hey MD
- Three regular size meals per day. Food on plate should not touch other food.
- No second helpings, between-meal snacks, or bedtime snacks.
- Twelve hours between supper and breakfast (mini-fast). This allows your body to reset its insulin receptors.
- No sweets, desserts, or sweet drinks (may have diet drinks or use artificial sweeteners). Occasional small helpings of fruit.
- Over the first two or three week period, ramp up to a ½ hour or 5,000 step daily exercise.
Mild hunger and cravings may occur an hour or so before meals. This is your body telling you that you are losing weight. Tell your body “I can wait until the next meal to take care of this.” Keep your body hydrated with water.
Initial weight loss should be dramatic and level off to ½ – 1 pound a week.
When you have lost 5-10% of your initial weight, you should notice improvement in your stamina and the way you feel.
Watch out on eating out!!!!
Soups, salads, and low carbohydrate meals are best
If weight loss plateaus, re-read the above instructions and follow them, exercise more or buy 7” plates!
Weigh at least weekly at the same time of the day, wearing the same type clothing, with empty bowels and bladder.
We are all human and we can fail, but the key is to get up and start again!
It is important to follow every detail of this system. Don’t leave out anything. If you noticed, you don’t have to give anything up but your sugary drinks.
- Agree to follow this plan exactly for 2 weeks.
- If at the end of 2 weeks, you see its ease of use, then agree to follow for 2 months.
- After 2 months of following this plan, we believe you will want to continue until you reach your weight goal.
- You will probably see a 10 pound weight loss rapidly. This is partly fluid loss.
- Eventually you will have achieved a 20 pound weight loss. This will settle down to a 1-2 pound weight loss per week.
If you would like to have quicker results…
QUICK RESULT JUMP START
- Fast for 1 day and drink non-calorie liquids copiously.
- Next day, nothing but liquids. Then,
- Begin the Simple Weight Loss Plan